Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 61: Five Miles

Last Sunday I ran 5 MILES.  I told ya I would.  And I did.  I really did.  I'd like to thank Catie for posting that she ran 8 miles the other day.  I realize I ran 5 miles out of jealousy (last time I checked I was only one mile behind Catie in training - when did she start running more mileage?!) - which shouldn't be a motivator - but hey, I'm taking whatever works here.

I tried my hardest to find a different route than my usual Vanderbilt loop, just for a change of scenery.  I wanted to run around the Belmont/12South area, but after driving the route I found it wayyyyy too hilly.  Nashville needs to relax with the hills - seriously.  But I couldn't find any alternative route that I felt comfortable with, so I just expanded my four mile route (below) to include one extra mile.  Despite getting a bit bored with the scene, this is a great route - sidewalks the whole way, safe, relatively flat with one big hill at the end.  It's perfect.


I've had a terrible cold for the past week and I haven't run at all since my triumphant Sunday.  But I feel much better today and I plan on getting back out there on Saturday.  Still avoiding treadmills at all costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment