Sunday, February 13, 2011

6 Miles with East Nasty

I've been meaning to join a running club in Nashville, as I know it's going to be really hard to get through a longer run by myself.  So today I joined the East Nasties for their Sunday morning long run.  Our intern, Chad, ran it with me too.  And when I say he 'ran it with me,' I really mean he ran one mile ahead of me the whole time and finished 9 minutes before me.  He has long legs.

Turns out there are mountains in Nashville.  If you didn't know, they're hidden in Percy Warner Park - and they're a bitch to run.  This 6 mile 'novice' run was basically a twisting, winding run to the top of a mountain and back down.  If you haven't guessed it yet... the first half of the run was super fun!  I love running 3+ miles consistently uphill.  ....And that's my sarcasm showing through.

But I actually really did have a great time.  Everyone's super nice and supportive.  And they give you free Gatorade at the end of the run.  Most are training for the Music City 1/2 Marathon.  I'm definitely running with the East Nasty group every Sunday from now on.  They also do a shorter run at 6pm on Wednesdays, which I heard is a lot more fun because they all go out for a drink afterwards.  Remember when I wrote of carbo-loading?  Beer gets an A+ in that class.


1 comment:

  1. Oh man!!! I'm so jealous!!! I bet it was so fun to run with the group :-)
    Congrats on the 6 miler!!

    ReplyDelete