Sunday, January 23, 2011

Quick Update.

Today I'm taking some running-buddy-advice... and ironically it's not actually about running.


When Catie was visiting Nashville, I took her to Bongo Java for what I think is the best coffee ever.  It's a cute, indie, artsy coffee shop in the Belmont area of Nashville.  I used to come here every morning before work and ordered the same exact thing each time.  It got to the point that each time I visited, one of the guys behind the counter knew what I was going to order and had it ready for me as soon as I walked in the door.  Celebrity status.  Then sadly, I was cut off from Bongo Java coffee due to personal budget cuts.


Anyways while Catie was here, she suggested I get out of the house more often and blog from Bongo Java instead of home.  I like where her head's at.  So here I am.  Drinking coffee, blogging, and people watching in Bongo Java.  I'm actually having a hard time focusing on blogging because the people watching is goooood here.


So this week I didn't run as much as I wanted to.  Like I wrote in the previous post, on Monday I ran almost 3 miles with Catie.  Tuesday I took the day off to recover and relax (having visitors for one whole week is exhausting!).  Wednesday I ran four miles on the treadmill at the YMCA.  I'm starting to despise the whole treadmill thing, so yesterday (regardless of the fact that it was 20 degrees) I decided to run outside.  I also just bought a hot pink long-sleeve Nike Pro running top that I couldn't wait to wear.  Don't judge, at least it's getting me out and running!


So I was planning on running 3 miles but had to stop and turn around early because I was so damn cold. And it was icy so I was scared for my safety (that's what I'm telling myself).  So I ended up running like one mile.  Sad story.


This week I plan on running a total of 12 miles.  Three days, four miles.  I'm writing that here so I actually do it.


Side note:  Catie emailed me this picture with the subject "This photo reminds me of you..."


I need to get out more often.  At least she's pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment