Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekend of Friends

Okay so... I had three (yes, THREE) visitors in town for the weekend - my sister, her friend Sarah, and my running buddy Catie.  What did we do, you ask?  We ate.  We shopped.  We listened to live music. We ate. Oh, and then we ate more.  This is totally fine though, because now that I've found my inner runner it's called "carbo-loading" and it makes life so much sweeter.  Run a ton & eat more... it's just a package deal.


We had so much fun this weekend and I already want them all to come back!  Especially Catie because training is so much more fun in groups!




Oh and how could I forget.  We did this...


We started at Bongo Java, ran down Belmont Blvd, turned around at Belmont Blvd. & Woodmont and ran back to Bongo Java for a grand total of roughly 2.6 miles.  It was the first time I ran without listening to music and I wasn't a fan.  It was also the first time I ran before enjoying a cup of morning coffee so by the time we were finished I thought "to hell with stretching" and bee-lined it straight into Bongo Java for my usual drug of choice, a Medium Double Mocha.

Above: 1. Brunch at the Loveless Cafe  2. Matthew Mayfield at Third & Lindsley  3. Shopping on Broadway  4. Pancakes at the Pfunky Griddle

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to come backkkkk.... I'm thinking Summertime.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see I made it in your blog.. make it happen more often and I think I'll tune in more =)
    Oh and I talked to mama today about moving down there for a year.. she wasn't ecstatic, but she didn't hate it!

    ReplyDelete